Go Back   High Performance Trucks Forums > Welcome to High Performance Trucks > Lounge

Old 12-27-2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanko View Post
I think Toyota's move to Nascar has demonstrated their ability to make some of fastest pushrod V8 race engines in the world. The chassis design regulations are very stringent and don't allow much build variation between teams, so besides driver ability and chassis setup really it's the choice of powerplant that sets the top teams apart, IMO.

Btw, are Nascar trucks really trucks? Same for the cars. Thin skinned silhouette bodies wrapped around a steel space frame. Kind of like Trans Am cars w/o good brakes and tires.

The Guinness World Records defines of a truck as “any vehicle that features a flat load bed at its rear which stretches the entire width of the vehicle and at least one third of its length.”
Nascar fans are very upset at Toyota being allowed into the competition. I live around detroit and see them out selling the big 3 here.

As far as what vehicles are there just a name stuck on a body style. There are no 'stock' cars so why call it nascar?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2007, 04:57 AM

I would not call them trucks, it is pretty much a Nascar chassis with a truck like body wrapped over it... I think they share suspension, and many times they share motors... so you really cannot say that is a toyota motor under the hood of that "Truck" in Nascar...
Old 12-27-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RangerSTX View Post
I would not call them trucks, it is pretty much a Nascar chassis with a truck like body wrapped over it... I think they share suspension, and many times they share motors... so you really cannot say that is a toyota motor under the hood of that "Truck" in Nascar...
That's about the same as our race car called a late model. The front looked like a camaro but that was it. Really they are just all race cars with a body on them to go thru the air.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 AM

I know what you are saying about late Model racing, they do all seem alike watching that type of racing..
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I know what you are saying about late Model racing, they do all seem alike watching that type of racing..
The dirt car late models are even harder to figure what brand they are. Seems like you can listen to the engine to see what they are.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:01 AM

you are right about that, they go so fast that it is hard to even tell what the body looks like, unless you are standing next to it,
Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
you are right about that, they go so fast that it is hard to even tell what the body looks like, unless you are standing next to it,
Especially the ones we saw down in Ky. They let those boys spend all the money on the motor they want to.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:51 PM

yeah, I have heard that... the guys here in Ohio do not do it cheaply either, went to a dirt track event, and dug dirt out of my hair for days, looks fun though
Old 12-27-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
yeah, I have heard that... the guys here in Ohio do not do it cheaply either, went to a dirt track event, and dug dirt out of my hair for days, looks fun though

Dirt tracks are hard to find here in Michigan. They paved the closest one after us pavement boys came up when the sold ours.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:13 AM

that has to be hard on you guys, I wonder why they paved all of the tracks, well heck, someone with a field could easily set something up for you guys... That is what we do here in Ohio...