Go Back   High Performance Trucks Forums > Welcome to High Performance Trucks > Lounge

Old 12-16-2008, 06:04 AM

Default Plans for 2009?

I would like to see what people are up to with their trucks in 2009?

I would like to start...

I am going to prepare my 2006 STX Ford Ranger for autocross... I am trying to get my local SCCA chapter create a TR class for trucks...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 PM

I've competed in SM2 in the past. After the new motor, widebody kit and wider wheels are installed I think I will be bumped up to C Prepared.

Won't autox as much as time trials, but might autox to get the truck somewhat dialed in first before the roadcourse.

Sy#2419

www.barbellcompany.com
Old 12-18-2008, 01:59 PM

I hear you there, I do not want to run the entire season with autocross, I am a huge fan of chasing cones in a parking lot... I will probably end up doing HPDE events with NASA for most of the year if anything...

I cannot wait to see some new pictures of your truck!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RangerSTX View Post
I would like to see what people are up to with their trucks in 2009?

I would like to start...

I am going to prepare my 2006 STX Ford Ranger for autocross... I am trying to get my local SCCA chapter create a TR class for trucks...
I just finished my first auto-x and I am about 2 seconds faster this year than last with the new fatter sway bars working their magic.

The auto-x was the shake down and now I will be at Road America with NASA Midwest this weekend and hope to move from HPDE 3 to HPDE 4 and work the new sway bars and Watts Link in.

I will compete at most of Milwaukee Region's events this year, at least 2 NASA Midwest events and most of the Midwest Council events including a new track for me, the Milwaukee Mile event and its 16-turn road course.

Other than that I will continue to be a driver instructor with SCCA (specializing with trucks) and may help SCCA Club Racing this year with the Central Division and do some flagging for them considering the SCCA Runoffs will be at Road America the next 3 years.

Other than that maybe install QA1 adjustable shocks in the rear later this year for a project and I will have to think about future mods for the truck.

Someday I plan to run it up Pike's Peak...
Old 04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Getting ready for time attack and hill climb events.

http://highperformancetrucks.com/for...208&g2_page=10
Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Pikes Peak is not out of the question especially since by the time I decide to grow the balls to enter the course will be completely paved with asphalt.

The biggest issues are building your truck to the rules and having the finances to run it. Sponsorship would be a big help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR39 View Post
I just finished my first auto-x and I am about 2 seconds faster this year than last with the new fatter sway bars working their magic.

The auto-x was the shake down and now I will be at Road America with NASA Midwest this weekend and hope to move from HPDE 3 to HPDE 4 and work the new sway bars and Watts Link in.

I will compete at most of Milwaukee Region's events this year, at least 2 NASA Midwest events and most of the Midwest Council events including a new track for me, the Milwaukee Mile event and its 16-turn road course.

Other than that I will continue to be a driver instructor with SCCA (specializing with trucks) and may help SCCA Club Racing this year with the Central Division and do some flagging for them considering the SCCA Runoffs will be at Road America the next 3 years.

Other than that maybe install QA1 adjustable shocks in the rear later this year for a project and I will have to think about future mods for the truck.

Someday I plan to run it up Pike's Peak...