Go Back   High Performance Trucks Forums > Welcome to High Performance Trucks > Lounge

Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 PM

Default My beater.

I DD this, use to drift it, might drift it some more and I autox it with dreams of doing time attack or some sort of road racing event (not wheel to wheel).

Still need to do something with that air dam.

Might eventually attach this splitter to it along with make side skirts and a diffuser in the back.

Jeff Gordans splitter off of his Nicoret car from last year. Made from Tigris. Very light, very strong, very durable.. I think it is also used in armored vehicales. It is also easy to work with. You can cut it with a circular saw and then clean the edges up with a sanding disk on a hand grinder.

The red lines would be the vertical pieces of aluminum that will be attached to the bumper and splitter. And of course there will be about four struts coming from either the metal bumper or the hiden metal bumper under the lower plastic bumper connected to the splitter.
Basicly something like this RX7.
http://jonsibal.com/blog/2009/06/fd3s-5-typerb/

Truck is currently dropped 6/7. It has QA1 coil overs in the front with 565 lb/in springs, some traction bars and a roll bar in the back and I am running 17x9 +27mm rims for the street with cheap 215/45/17 tires and 17x9 +35 rims with 245/45/17 Kumho XS tires for autox (and maybe time attack)

Future plans include turboing, proper fuel upgrades and a T25 or T28 turbo with a front mount intercooler and a forward facing intake manifold. Might also have custom spindles made using cressida spindle shafts and hubs along with 300zx aluminum 4 piston calipers and 30mm thick rotors that were used on 300zx TTs. I figure, why not get spindles made so I can run better brakes instead of just dropping the front.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Your truck is far from being a beater.

Before you start adding all of the aerodynamic goodies, make sure your suspension handling and mechanical grip is dialed in without it. Throwing a bunch of aerodynamic aids at it without a good suspension handling baseline tune will make the handling of your truck even more difficult to tune due to the added variable of the downforce loads created by the wing and splitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa View Post
I DD this, use to drift it, might drift it some more and I autox it with dreams of doing time attack or some sort of road racing event (not wheel to wheel).

Still need to do something with that air dam.

Might eventually attach this splitter to it along with make side skirts and a diffuser in the back.

Jeff Gordans splitter off of his Nicoret car from last year. Made from Tigris. Very light, very strong, very durable.. I think it is also used in armored vehicales. It is also easy to work with. You can cut it with a circular saw and then clean the edges up with a sanding disk on a hand grinder.

The red lines would be the vertical pieces of aluminum that will be attached to the bumper and splitter. And of course there will be about four struts coming from either the metal bumper or the hiden metal bumper under the lower plastic bumper connected to the splitter.
Basicly something like this RX7.
http://jonsibal.com/blog/2009/06/fd3s-5-typerb/

Truck is currently dropped 6/7. It has QA1 coil overs in the front with 565 lb/in springs, some traction bars and a roll bar in the back and I am running 17x9 +27mm rims for the street with cheap 215/45/17 tires and 17x9 +35 rims with 245/45/17 Kumho XS tires for autox (and maybe time attack)

Future plans include turboing, proper fuel upgrades and a T25 or T28 turbo with a front mount intercooler and a forward facing intake manifold. Might also have custom spindles made using cressida spindle shafts and hubs along with 300zx aluminum 4 piston calipers and 30mm thick rotors that were used on 300zx TTs. I figure, why not get spindles made so I can run better brakes instead of just dropping the front.

Sy#2419

www.barbellcompany.com
Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 PM

o yeah. I dont plan on doing that splitter for a while. and the wing is far off since a decent one is like $1200. And I need power before I worry about a wing.
I need to order my double adjustable qa1s for the rear next. that is unless you know where I can get a eyelet/eyelet style double adjustable shock that is about 11" long compressed and 17" long extended. This thing (tacoma) is kind of scary at 100 mph under hard braking because the rear just lifts. Fronts are QA1 single adjustbales. seem to be doing a good job and I am running springs that are even higher then what you should run on a 67-69 big block camaro.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 AM

Autox results from last weekend. 6/21/09

Looks like I beat a lot of cars that I should not be beating.
http://www.sjr-scca.org/forums/ipb/i...ype=post&id=77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3omrf...eature=channel
sounds so bad. Rules for SSM do not allow for tubbing so i guess i will be stuck with lifting the front an inch everytime i go to an event. which means i have to get there an hour earlier.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
o yeah. I dont plan on doing that splitter for a while. and the wing is far off since a decent one is like $1200. And I need power before I worry about a wing.
I need to order my double adjustable qa1s for the rear next. that is unless you know where I can get a eyelet/eyelet style double adjustable shock that is about 11" long compressed and 17" long extended. This thing (tacoma) is kind of scary at 100 mph under hard braking because the rear just lifts. Fronts are QA1 single adjustbales. seem to be doing a good job and I am running springs that are even higher then what you should run on a 67-69 big block camaro.

Welcome to the forum! Nice ride!

I may be of help from my experiences with my Tacoma X-Runner!

I started auto-x and now run road courses with Midwest Council and NASA Midwest and I also work as flag/communications at Road America with SCCA Club Racing national events.

Right now I run a simple air dam up front, sealed the bed and installed a Honda Civic type rear wing into the tailgate with adjusting arms up to 30 degrees. I too want to add side-skirting to prevent air rushing into the sides.

Have you seen the TRD X-Runner? You should check out some of those pics, they have a complete belly-pan underneath for improved airflow and a rear diffuser. I do not have the time or cash for that and opted for the removable air dam setup and sid skirt project.

What exactly have you done with the suspension?

I typically get the X-Runner up to 130 at Road America with the engine governor kicking in but even at 100 your suspension has to be dialed in for simple safety reasons. I was bold this year to get my truck up to 100 in the pouring rain and my heart was a pounding.

Adam is right, get your suspension dialed in before heading to the big tracks. Your on the right course with auto-x to test what you put on and improve your driving skills.

What part of the country are you located from?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:42 AM

I think your truck looks Great!!! what kind of alignment are you running? I haven't had the balls as of yet this year to get out to the track... But I am hoping soon that it will change...
Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM

I am not sure what the camber is and the toe is about 1/16th toe out. Caster is stock but I dont know what that is.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
I am not sure what the camber is and the toe is about 1/16th toe out. Caster is stock but I dont know what that is.
you might want to take a look at your camber setup, that could possibly help your stabilization problem at higher speeds, that splitter will look sharp on your truck!! Good Luck...

you may want to convert your rear brakes over to disk when you can... it sounds to me as though your fronts are braking a little too strong...

Last edited by 06RangerSTX : 07-20-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: more thoughts